Researchers and their interests in AGNES-study
Taina Rantanen Professor of Gerontology and Public Health
- Promotion of functional ability and wellbeing in ageing population, active ageing, person-environment interaction, physical activity and mobility, epidemiology, randomized controlled trials, longevity
Katja Kokko Docent in Psychology (life-span psychology), Research Director
- Psychological and emotional well-being and their links to active ageing and physical functioning.
Erja Portegijs Senior Researcher, PhD
- Personal and environmental factors and their associations with activity and mobility of older people.
Timo Rantalainen Senior Researcher
- Gait dynamics, and sedentary and physical activity behaviour quantification based on multiple day wearable sensor recordings.
Mary Hassandra Senior Researcher
- Intervention development, application and evaluation to change behaviors across life span and different settings
Anne Viljanen Senior Lecturer, Ph.D., Docent in Gerontology
- Sensory functions and active aging
Merja Rantakokko Docent in Gerontology, PhD, Postdoctoral researcher
- Equal opportunities for participation in physical activity, person-environment interaction and wellbeing
Milla Saajanaho Postdoctoral Researcher
- Resilience, active ageing and psychological well-being
Laura Karavirta Postdoctoral Researcher
- Ambulatory assessment of physical activity and heart rate for health and performance
Katja Pynnönen Postdoctoral Researcher
- Counsellor in AGNES-promo: Promotion of active ageing among Finnish older people -study,
- Active ageing, perceived well-being, life goals, motivation, support of autonomy, social interaction
Johanna Eronen Postdoctoral Researcher
- Health literacy among older persons
Anu Karvonen Postdoctoral Researcher
- Mind-body connection; ambulatory heart rate in connection with psychological well-being and cognitive functioning, psychological and physiological resilience
Eeva Aartolahti Postdoctoral Researcher
Timo Törmäkangas Postdoctoral Researcher in statistics
- Application of item response theory (IRT) models in measurement scale development.
Inna Lisko Postdoctoral Researcher
- Physical and cognitive health
Pia Laukkanen Doctor, D.Med.Sc.
- The association between arterial stiffness and active ageing.
Kirsi Keskinen Project Researcher, MSc
- Outdoor mobility, environmental gerontology, spatial analyses
Lotta Palmberg M.Sc. (Health Sciences), public health nurse
- Fatigability, sleep, physical activity and unmet physical activity need
Sini Siltanen M.Sc. (Health Sciences)
- Doctoral dissertation about the associations of psychological resilience, physical performance, and perceived autonomy with active ageing.
Heidi Skantz Technical Assistant, M.Sc. (Health Sciences)
- Themes related to the walking, walking modifications, unmet physical activity need and active ageing.
Other research group
Markku Kauppinen Project Researcher, Statistician, M.Sc
Eeva-Maija Palonen Project Researcher, M.Sc. (Health Sciences), physiotherapist
- Research coordinator
Niina Kajan Project Researcher, M.Sc. (Sport Sciences)
- Project management, communication